Who We Are:
Gourmet Galley Catering is an expert in award-‐winning food and event production that has more than twenty years worth of custom event experience. Gourmet Galley specializes in creating custom menus and events for everything from country picnics to drop-‐dead chic weddings, business openings to family reunions, cocktail parties from 30 to 300 guests, and anything in between.
Position: Office Assistant
We are currently seeking a detailed-oriented individual to join our team in our fun and busy office located in North Stonington, CT!
Applicants must be punctual, professional, and willing to adapt to various needs and responsibilities.
Full time hours Monday-Friday with hourly pay and future benefits.
- Provide exceptional customer service to all customers
- Answer telephone calls in a professional, friendly manner
- Manage business email account and forward emails to logical recipient
- Update war board calendar
- Input and maintain new inquiries into a small business software program
- Greet guests and walk-ins and give them information on GG if necessary
- Update social media accounts on a consistent schedule (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest)
- Compose blog ideas and posts on a weekly basis
- Faxing, filing, and managing Google calendars
- Administer follow-up surveys via SurveyMonkey to obtain event feedback from clients
- Create signage for weddings and events (as needed)
- Write kitchen orders for private/corporate events (as needed)
- Create, print, and mail gift certificates (as needed)
- Keep office tidy
- Take care of Bank and Post Office needs
- Team support (always!)
Qualifications and Skills:
- Prior office experience a plus
- Experience in and Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Photoshop – previous design work a plus
- Motivated self-starter that provides creative thinking and a commitment to quality service
- Highly organized and demonstrates forward thinking – eagerness to pitch in a helping hand!
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously – time management skills!
- Higher Education a plus
For consideration please email your resume and tell us why you would be a good fit for Gourmet Galley to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Office Assistant” in the subject line.
Also, please describe the best meal you have ever had in one paragraph.